Country General Manager - Nigeria
Seeking an entrepreneurial, experienced leader to take charge of the expansion of SWVL’s innovative transportation system in Nigeria.
You will be responsible for the development and growth of SWVL’s business in Lagos and Nigeria as a whole.
As the GM of SWVL's Nigerian operation, you will be leading efforts to roll out SWVL’s new, innovative transportation system. The Country GM at SWVL is by far the most demanding position SWVL has to offer – requiring talent, leadership, and an entrepreneurial drive.
This is first and foremost a role for a strong marketer, focusing on reaching new users and extending the SWVL brand to the masses. But as the city lead, you’ll also be responsible for operational excellence and maintaining ‘SWVL’ quality throughout the rider’s experience. Customer support, local marketing, supply chain management, service quality management, social media, PR — all of these sit under the GM. Continual improvement and a quality focus are the name of the game. SWVL believes in solving local problems with local solutions, so understanding the local market and delivering custom messages is important. This is where creativity meets analytics head on.
- Work with SWVL’s Launch team to continue the growth of SWVL in Lagosi and in other Nigerian cities
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns
- Manage deployment and quality of supply chain (i.e. SWVL’s driver partners/captains)
- Represent SWVL at local events and with local PR
- Manage local regulatory concerns and local politics
- Communicate product/process needs to HQ, work with product/engineering to deliver on them
- Help scale other cities through developing and sharing best practices
- Continue to grow revenues and ridership
- Manage SWVL Nigeria accounting, finance, compliance, payroll, time & attendance, operations support, procurement, and other administrative functions
WHO YOU ARE
- You enjoy challenges, are flexible, can work long / irregular hours (when needed), and you can deal with ambiguity / ever-changing demands on your time & productive capacity. You want to be an owner (stock options / long-term incentive compensation) and you aspire to ascend into a leadership role in a fast-growing start-up.
- 6+ years of consulting, investment banking, marketing or operations management experience (not quite there? Apply for the Community Manager or Operations Manager instead!)
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with a get stuff done attitude
- Relevant experience in consumer service marketing is helpful
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- Entrepreneurial DNA and fear tolerance of a honey-badger
- Travel like a diplomat: employees are showered with SWVL credits
- Ground floor opportunity: shape the strategic direction of the company
- Make a difference - SWVL is not just another social web app. They are moving real people/assets and changing transportation for the future
- Get access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that are actively engaged- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan