SWVL is the leading high technology company on the mass transportation market. We are a fast growing data driven company which is disrupting the public transportation market in Egypt (and abroad) making people’s lives better in their daily basis.
We are seeking a Data Scientist to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary and extremely talented team. The ideal candidate thrives in an agile environment and has a strong passion for developing high quality models using modern and state-of-the-art scientific techniques regarding advanced statistical analysis and machine learning algorithms. Besides, the applicant should be able to deliver outstanding proofs of concept to our Data Engineering team.
- ● Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- ● Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- ● Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant
- ● Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- ● Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- ● Strong academic/research background
- ● Analytical mind and business acumen
- ● Experienced with agile processes
- ● Problem-solving mindset
- ● Excellent communication and presentation skills
- ● Excellent documentation abilities
- ● BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
- ● MSc. in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
- ● PhD. will be an asset
- ● Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- ● Good scripting and programming skills
- ● Good understanding of machine-learning and statistical modeling, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- ● Knowledge of R and Python (preferred); familiarity with Scala is a plus
- ● Experience with Python data visualisation tools
- ● Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
- ● Strong math skills (e.g. advanced statistics, algebra, and dynamic systems modeling)