Research & Development Engineer
We are looking for a talented Junior Research & Development (R&D) Engineer skilled in research, data analysis and problem-solving. You will be responsible for the research, design, and implementation of creative algorithmic solutions to Swvl's core problems and enhancement of its long-term performance.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Apply academic research to Swvl’s different problems.
- Design and implement creative proofs of concepts (PoCs).
- Work with complex mathematical models and use graph, search, computational geometry or other related algorithms.
- Solve optimization problems using techniques like metaheuristics, linear programming, constraint programming, etc.
- Analyze data, extract meaningful insights and draw conclusions.
- Conduct experimentation and evaluation of research outcomes and proposed solutions.
- Formulate and contribute to identifying Swvl’s short-term and long-term problems.
- Contribute directly to Swvl’s products from the business needs to the final delivery.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to apply knowledge in real-life problems
- Very good reasoning and logical thinking
- Creative and outside the box thinking
- Business acumen is a plus
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Very good research skills
- Knowledge of advanced algorithms and optimization theory is a plus
- Background in data science: data analysis, machine-learning methods, statistical modeling, and testing is a huge plus
- Sufficient coding and design concepts
- BSc. in Computer Science, Engineering or a relevant field.
- 0-3 years of industry experience.
What We Offer
- Great opportunity to be part of a start-up with a lot of responsibility and independence early on and where you will have an impact on the entire business.
- A strong social and collaborative culture, where your input is not just respected, it’s expected.