We are looking for a data engineer with solid development and problem solving skills. The engineer will help expand and further scale our current data pipelines.
The data engineer is required to undertake the following responsibilities:
- Implement, maintain and scale our data pipelines.
- Implement, maintain and scale our ETLs and ETL framework.
- Come up with efficient solutions for challenging problems with robust, scalable, reusable, efficient, production-quality software.
- Document the architecture and the technical details of each project clearly.
- Collaborate and communicate closely with the relevant teams throughout the life cycle of each project.
- Strong ability to work in a team
- Adept at various technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good time management
- Proven ability to take initiative and be innovative
- Solid algorithms and data-structures knowledge.
- Strong understanding of concurrency concepts.
- Good understanding of distributed systems.
- Expertise in one or more object oriented programming language (Python, Java, C++).
- Strong SQL and relational DB experience.
- Experience with one or more distributed batch data processing platform (Hadoop, Spark, etc..).
- Experience with one or more distributed real-time data processing platform (Spark streaming, Storm, Flink, etc..).
- Experience with one or more pub/sub data bus such as Kafka, or AMQP
- Good knowledge of at least one NoSQL database technology (columnar, graph, or document databases) is a plus.
- Experience with Protocol Buffers, Apache Thrift, or Apache Avro is a plus.
- Eager to learn and improve.
- B.Sc. in computer science or equivalent
- Fluent in English
- 1-3+ Years work Experience
- Great opportunity to be part of a start-up with a lot of responsibility and independence early on and where you will have an impact on the entire business
- A strong social and collaborative culture, where your input is not just respected, its expected