Senior Research Engineer
We are looking for a talented Senior Research Engineer skilled in research, data analysis and problem-solving. You will be responsible for the research and design of creative algorithmic solutions to Swvl's problems. As a Senior Research Engineer, you will be part of and guide the team that improves Swvl's long-term performance by providing brand new solutions to different complex problems.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Apply academic research to Swvl’s different problems.
- Design and implement creative proofs of concepts (PoCs).
- Work with complex mathematical models and use graph, search, computational geometry or machine-learning algorithms.
- Solve optimization problems using techniques like metaheuristics, linear programming, constraint programming, etc.
- Analyze data, extract meaningful insights and draw conclusions.
- Conduct complete experimentation and evaluation of research outcomes and proposed solutions.
- Identify and formulate Swvl’s short-term and long-term problems.
- Contribute directly to Swvl’s products from the business needs to the final delivery.
- Mentor, support and develop R&D engineers.
- Grow and shape the R&D team by recruiting and training R&D engineers as needed.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of advanced algorithms and optimization theory.
- Sufficient background in data science: data analysis, machine-learning methods, statistical modeling and testing.
- MSc. in Computer Science, Engineering or a relevant field.
- PhD. is a plus.
- 3+ years of applied experience in an industry environment or relevant academic research
What We Offer
- Great opportunity to be part of a start-up with a lot of responsibility and independence early on and where you will have an impact on the entire business.
- A strong social and collaborative culture, where your input is not just respected, it’s expected.