Reporting to: Digital Content Manager
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Job Overview: Our ideal candidate has exceptional oral and written communication skills and is able to develop engaging content. You should be a ‘people person’ with great customer service skills and the ability to moderate online and offline conversations with our community.
SWVL is the leading high technology company on the mass transportation market. We
are a fast growing data driven company which is disrupting the public transportation market in Egypt (and abroad) making people’s lives better in their daily basis.
It started with an observation turning into a realization, too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space and money.
We had to question why we depend so much on our cars? and what are the consequent pains of moving around the city? Rush hours, traffic, terrible driving habits and unavailability of parking spots came rushing through our minds in addition to the pain of high cost of on-demand services.
While an affordable decent public commuting solution is not accessible, we thought how can we improve people’s lives? And here Swvl was created, revolutionizing the transportation scene in Egypt, through providing a technology-based alternative to public transportation, a smart solution that solves the transportation equation, leading to helping more commute for less, with ease and comfort.
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on the table, Swvl is not just a mean to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation and inspire change.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Setting and implementing social media and communication campaigns to align with marketing strategies
- Providing engaging text, image and video content for social media accounts
- Responding to comments and customer queries in a timely manner
- Ultimately, you should be able to act as the face and voice of our brand and manage all community communications.
- Set and implement social media and communication campaigns to align with marketing strategies
- Provide engaging text, image and video content for social media accounts
- Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner
- Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness
- Coordinate with Marketing, PR and Communications teams to ensure brand consistency
- Liaise with Development and Sales departments to stay updated on new products and features
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers, industry professionals and journalists
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology trends
- Proven work experience as a community manager
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter)
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at events)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Hands on experience with social media management for brands
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field
- Great opportunity to be part of a start-up with a lot of responsibility and independence early on and where you will have an impact on the entire business
- Attractive compensation package